CLASSES - LAKE HOUSE ARTS CENTRE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
APPLIES TO ALL CLASSES – ON SITE OR ONLINE
All Terms and Conditions may be subject to change at the discretion of the Management. Any changes or updates will supersede previous Terms and Conditions.
- Enrolments will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- Late enrolments are subject to availability and at the discretion of the Education Coordinator
- For a class to go ahead the minimum paid enrolments need to be reached.
- All Adult Term classes are 9 weeks unless otherwise stated and all Children’s classes are 8 weeks.
- Students need to pay in full to be confirmed as enrolled at least two working weeks before the class starts.
- A full set of parent/caregiver details is required for each child.
- All information is correct on going to press, however is subject to change.
- All prices include GST.
All classes offered on site may also offer enrolments for learning online through interactive zoom conferencing
- If you wish to enrol in an onsite class but learn online contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Generally, classes have a group demonstration component with one-on-one tutor time after. E-learning students should expect to be able to participate in the group learning and have equal one-on-one interactive follow up from the tutor during the class.
- E-learning students are expected to provide their own materials. Materials info is included in the class information.
- All classes are recorded online and will be available exclusively to students for follow up if requested.
- In the event of Pandemics / Lockdowns / Natural Disasters / Acts of God classes will be moved to online learning platforms at the Education Coordinators discretion.
- ALL students are expected to be able to transfer from onsite to online learning. Lake House Staff can assist with this transition.
- If a student is unable / unwilling to participate in online learning, class crediting will be offered at the discretion of the Education Coordinator
SHIFTING TO ONLINE CLASSES
In the event that classes cannot continue physically on site for whatever reason, a tutor will deliver the class content to their students via the Zoom conference app and/or via emailed content. Emailed content can include, but is not limited to, still pictures, notes, video demonstrations, links and other resources.
BASIC ONLINE CLASS MATERIALS PACK
- Kids and Teens classes that use paint, clay and crafts can continue via online with a basic materials pack. This pack will need to be collected from Lake House Arts Centre by a Parent/Caregiver, notified by the Education Coordinator, for the sole use of class delivery via Zoom or emailed content.
- A few classes may not be able to transition to online. The Education Coordinator will contact the students directly to follow up with next steps.
CASUAL WEEKLY CLASSES/REDUCED COURSE ENROLMENTS
- If you would like to attend a class as a casual student on a weekly basis, please get in touch with the education coordinator first.
- Discounted term prices do not apply when attending a weekly class on a casual basis.
- Casual rates will only apply if a class has reached the minimum enrolments necessary for it to go ahead AND if there is space in the class AND the tutor agrees to accept casuals.
- Class maximums will not be breached by casuals.
- Casual rates are fixed at $35 per class, with the exception of clay classes being $40.
MATERIALS FOR CLASSES
Adult students bring their own art materials unless specified in the class description. Refer to the class on the website for details.
Materials are supplied for all Children’s classes.
REFUNDS CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS
- No refund will be given after booking a class except in exceptional/extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the Education Coordinator.
- Pandemics / Lockdowns / Natural Disasters / Acts of God are not considered exceptional / extenuating circumstances.
- In the event of a refund due to exceptional/extenuating circumstances, the refund will incur a 25% admin fee.
- Lake House reserves the right to cancel a class.
- In the event of Lake House cancelling a class, students will in the first instance receive a credit for a future class or transfer to an alternative class by negotiation with the Education Coordinator. If crediting or transfer is deemed unsuitable, a refund minus a 25% admin fee will be issued by internet banking payment.
- Disruptive Behaviour - Management reserves the right to exclude from the program any student who is disruptive, does not adhere to the program rules or poses a significant risk to the safety of themselves or others.
- Bullying, racism, sexism and disrespectful /abusive behaviour towards the tutor or any other student will not be tolerated.
- In the event of offensive behaviour the tutor has the right to request the student to remove themselves from the class.
- If the matter cannot be resolved the Education Coordinator has the right to remove the offending student from the class/course. There will be no refund.
- Children’s tutors reserve the right to contact and request caregivers to collect students displaying disruptive behaviour during class.